Friday, June 3, 2011

"I Know A Guy"

Those are some of my favorite words, especially this week.  If you're a resident of Las Vegas, you'll hear that phrase spoken to you more than once during your stint in this great city.  I realize that most places are probably like this, but somehow, those words are like the heartbeat of this town.  As big as it is, and with as many transients as it has, it really is a close-knit community.  Everyone knows somebody and the shadier the business is that you need to take care of, the better.  Maybe it's our mob roots or something...but there is someone for everything.
In one conversation today, I was able to find a guy that can give me a passing smog for registration (for a fee of course) and obtain the inventory to a tow yard, that is owned by someone I know, that will give me a killer deal on a car for Mike and a , second, more gas efficient car for myself if I want it.  That's what I'm talkin' about right there, baby.  I love this town.

All you gotta do is speak up.  Talk about yourself and what you need.  Someone within earshot knows a guy.
Hell, I might even know a guy or two.

Damn, I love this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, it at least better be funny!