Sunday, October 24, 2010

That Witch Had it Coming.

I am currently sitting in my messy bedroom, finally feeling like I can form a complete sentence.  I had a conversation with myself today, for probably the thousandth time since high school, cursing the fact that I drank too much and how I hate being hungover.  Why is it that when you're partying, the thought "Gosh, I better stop.  I'm going to feel like shit tomorrow." never comes up?  It doesn't for me, anyway.  Tequila is not my friend.  Honestly, all hard liquor is my enemy and certainly seems to take its toll the older I get.  I went to that adult Halloween party last night and had a great time.  My witch costume turned out to be as spectacular as I'd hoped, I only knew one person there but still had fun, drank too much, fell out of my friend's truck backwards (my ass hurts today), and puked in her bushes on the way inside her house to pass out.  Poor thing...I became the drunk person that you have to take care of.  She deserves a medal.

My thoughts are wandering a lot today.  A few blogs ago I sent out a message into the universe (mainly in a joking manner) that I would "be good" if I was sent a great guy.  Somehow, some way, that half prayer half joke was answered.  I almost can't believe it, but am so thankful at the same time.  Sailor Girl made a joke about calling him Mr. Amazing, but I actually think he's earned it.  I don't know how he'll feel about that, but it just seems fitting.  We met at Starbucks on Thursday, then he surprised me by taking me to Color Me Mine to paint pottery.  It was the best first date I've ever had.  After, as we were talking I didn't really want to leave.  I wanted him to kiss me and I could tell that maybe he wanted to as well, but was being somewhat shy about it.  I was too!  But as I got into my truck to go home, I knew that I would kick myself for not getting a kiss.  I put the truck in park, got out, went up to him and just did it.  He said the next day that he was trying not to smile as I kissed him.  Never have I felt so instantaneously comfortable and happy around someone.  As a natural introvert, there is always a period of awkwardness that I have to get over, but I didn't feel any of that.  It didn't have anything to do with the fact that we had talked and emailed prior to our date...I don't know what it is.  I judge just about everything on how it makes me feel and just thinking about him brings a smile to my face.  And he feels the same way!  Mr. Amazing thinks that I am amazing...and beautiful and sexy and that he is lucky.  I think I might be the lucky one.  We were supposed to see each other today, but my hangover led to that being cancelled.  Throwing up is not usually something that I like to do on a date.  So, I'm supposed to go over to his place on Thursday and watch a scary movie.  Thursday can't come soon enough.  I want another kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, it at least better be funny!