Friday, December 17, 2010

5 White Gold or Platinum Rings!!!!

I know.  I skipped the fourth day of Christmas.  You'll get over it, I'm sure.  I was going to write earlier this week, but I couldn't come up with anything.  I've been distracted.  More like, majorly distracted.  Christmas is coming and, being the procrastinator that I am, I am still not done shopping.  I love buying presents for people and it always disappoints me when I can't buy someone absolutely everything that I want to get them.  One day I will.  I just need to remind myself that there are many people that cannot afford to get anything at all for their children or loved ones, so the few small things that I am able to provide are a blessing.  Yeah, I'm all fucking Pollyanna up in this shit. I'm positive even when I'm hurt.  It drives Mike nuts, I think.
I'm really anxious to just get through Christmas.  It will be nice to have a four-day weekend and that might be what I am most looking forward to.  A nice long weekend of doing nothing but playing on the Wii that I got the kids for Christmas.  I just saw a commercial for Zumba for the Wii and I totally want it!  No...I didn't just get the kids a Wii because I wanted one!  Not really...

I won't have Mike on Christmas this year, which makes me sad.  Not emo, "what's the point in celebrating" sad, but sad enough.  We've gotten quite serious and I am so glad I get to ring in the New Year with him.  I have a feeling that 2011 is going to be awesome and I'm ready to get it started!
This weekend he gets to meet my co-workers.  He'll also get to see a different side of me, which will be fun...or completely scare him away...we'll see.  I promise that I will write a better life update on Sunday, after I've had a weekend full of activity...but for now, it's just the same 'ol stuff.  Maybe it's my preoccupied mind, like I said.  It's all good, though.  I could definitely be worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, it at least better be funny!