Wednesday, December 22, 2010

You're a mean one, Mrs. Chicken...

There have been crazy things happening this week.  I blame it on the full moon/lunar eclipse/winter solstice combo.  Mike doesn't believe me.  I'm happy today, for reasons I'll get into, but ever since let's say...Sunday, I've pretty much felt like the Grinch.  Not because I was hating on Christmas.
I have generally been in a cranky sort of mood for no reason what-so-ever.  In fact, Mike is this cute cuddly little baby with a big head kissing all over me, the green ugly monster with the heart that is two sizes too small and whose soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of rubbish imaginable, mangled up in tangled up knots.  Cute and sweet, isn't he? (judging by the pink on the socks, I'd say this baby is a girl, but whatever)  Mike loves me in spite of myself, which always seems to hit me over the head like a ton of bricks.  He loves all of me.  The cranky, unemotional, do what I say and keep your mouth shut, I love you but I'm glad you're going home, burping, stressed-out, inattentive, quiet, bottling up her feelings me that I let out every so often (or on a daily basis, depending on who you ask).  Especially when the moon is full and the world is swirling with weird ju ju.  He hasn't been himself either and our communication has been so-so.  I think he may have needed a little more attention than normal and my mood wasn't allowing me to see that. 

All I really saw was this. He's choking the shit out of me, isn't he?? No. Not really. I don't think he was being as clingy as he thought.

He is awesome and for whatever reason, our moods were not meshing well.  I guess I was feeling like I wanted some alone time.  He was supposed to come over Monday, but because of an emergency, he wasn't able to.  I don't think I was glad, per se, but he picked up on the fact that I wasn't extremely upset.  He was a little hurt by that.  We had a tiff.  Anyways...I'm feeling a lot less Grinch-like today...I love him, he loves me, blah blah blah...we're all good now.  Except, he's leaving for Utah for the weekend and needs to get laid before (it's so cute that he won't just come out and say "do me"), but I'll take care of that tomorrow! Hehehe.
 
That whole weirdness between Mike and I was only a part of the craziness that has ensued this week.  It's been raining out here for days.  Rain in the desert makes for crazy drivers and bitchy people.  You would think, with most of the people here being implants from somewhere else, that they would know how to drive in the rain...evidently they forget as soon as they enter the Las Vegas valley.  My truck broke down yesterday morning.  Luckily, it was only a serpentine belt, didn't cost me a whole butt-load of money, and I had many people that helped me out when I needed it.  I still have Christmas shopping to do, but I'm not stressed out about it.  I do my best under pressure and I'm convinced I will get it all done by Christmas Eve.  I wish I had Mike's gift ready so he could take it with him to Utah...maybe I can get it done tonight if the weather isn't too bad.  We'll see.  A friend at work was an emotional wreck yesterday because her friends mother died suddenly.  All these issues, including my truck, are nothing I have come to realize.  Yesterday, two of our fellow Castlettes lost most or all of their belongings to flooding.  They work for our other office in Mesquite, UT. One of our ladies lost her home completely.  A levy broke and her house, with everything in it including Christmas presents for her grandkids and personal belongings, were swept away.  Another's house was flooded, but she was able to save some of her things.  Hearing stories like this about people you actually know puts things into perspective.  I have so many things to be thankful for in my life.  And I am so lucky that things are going well for me.
Lastly, right in the middle of my stressful day, I got a surprise package from my grandmother.  Remember me saying that I wanted to collect odd/creepy Santas?  Well, she sent me one and it is AWESOME.  She also sent me a magnet for my fridge.  It reads: S.L.U.T.S - Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress
It's great, came at the perfect time, and just like she says, it's totally me.  My grandmother thinks I'm a big slut.  So what!  She's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, it at least better be funny!