Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I NEED IT! I WANT IT! GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Dearest Coffee,
Please come back to me.  I am so sorry that I told you to go away...forgive me.  I promise to truly think about the things I say and do, before making rash decisions that affect not only you, but myself.  I miss your warmth, the happiness you bring me, and we won't even get into the things you do to stimulate my body.  I love you with all my heart and I'll never be the same without you.

Love Always,
Chicken

Some people consider caffeine to be a toxin. I consider it (coffee in particular) to be the juice of life.  I suppose I agree with the facts stating that caffeine is a drug.  Only one day of not having any caffeine what-so-ever and I was having withdrawals like crazy.  I started yawning around 10am, then by about 1pm the headache started.  It was subtle at first...just a dull ache.  I pushed through it, but by 8:30pm, sounds and light were making it worse.  I was hitting full blown migraine status.  It was horrible.  I usually only drink one cup of coffee a day.  I couldn't imagine what it would be like for a person who literally drinks pots of coffee or drinks soda all day long to go without it completely.

Needless to say, when I woke up this morning and my headache was still there, I wasn't excited.  I took an Excedrin (Chicken! That has caffeine in it! Hehehe...I know.) and went about my business.  All of a sudden, on my way to work, I was a little happier.  Euphoric even!  I was dancing in my truck, I felt focused and ready to start my day, I felt my pupils constrict...oh...sweet, sweet caffeine...how I love thee.  So, yes...I am enjoying my morning coffee as I type.  I am sticking to the other parts of my program by not putting dairy or sugar in it and I am once again my spunky, smiley self.

2 comments:

  1. Just sitting here sipping my coffee as I read this. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sucked down a sugar free energy drink (and had Excedrine). Life is good. :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, it at least better be funny!