Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mimosas: Not just for brunch anymore!

Buuuuurp.  There was a full bottle of champagne and OJ in my fridge just waiting to mate, in the hopes of making me a delicious beverage.  They succeeded.  I did not think ahead to the fact that I definitely need at least one other person to help me finish off this bottle.  As of 12am, I am not supposed to drink alcohol for a month.  I've done it before, without even realizing it, so I'm sure I will make it just fine.
New Years Eve (that's right Mike, I made it plural) has come and gone.  It was delightful.  Me, Mike, Alex (Mike's oldest), Little Man, and Mini-Me hung out at home.  We cooked food, played Guitar Hero, and watched the fireworks from the Strip at midnight.  The next day we went hiking near Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam.  My mom came along and a good time was had, even though what was supposed to be a 4.5 mile round trip hike turned into about 8 miles.
So, I have talked about how excited I am to begin a new year and it is so true.  I was inspired to make some changes with myself regarding how I spend my time and with who in 2010.  That conscious decision ended up leading me to Mike.  He is the kind of man that I had been searching for, but telling myself I would never find.  We've already started talking about our future together and I don't think anything has ever felt so right.  If I continue to make the right choices for myself and my family, who knows what other spectacular things will happen?   I plan on finding out this year.
In the spirit of 2011, here are 11 goals that I would like to accomplish this year.  Some are simple, some are life changing, and some are just things that I should have done or should be doing but have not for one reason or another.

1. Lose 80 lbs by the end of 2011
     I made the decision to complete a 28 day challenge, where I will basically cleanse my body of toxins and take steps to live a healthier life, mentally and physically.  It begins by cutting out dairy, red meat, eggs, alcohol, sugar, gluten, caffeine and all processed foods. Slowly, certain foods can be brought back in to my daily intake, should I choose to do so.  I will also go back to a daily exercise routine, which also includes yoga and meditation.  I wanted to do this because I felt the need to be healthier.  Weight loss is going to be an obvious side effect of this drastic change, so I made a goal of it.  I'm taking my goal 10 lbs at a time and rewarding myself with 8 lovely presents after I reach each one. (Mainly because I love gifts)
The only difference between this time and several years ago, when I did the same thing, will be that this time I will actually stay with the program.  All the crap that I have been putting into my body is literally bogging me down and making me feel like a pile of shit.  I'm over it.
2. Have family pictures taken
     I have never had them taken.  At first, it was because I didn't want to document a "family" that really wasn't.  The past few years that it's been just the kids and I, it has been plain procrastination.  I have found an amazing photographer and I'll have pictures taken of the kids and I this spring.  It has proven time to get this done, given that by the end of this year we'll be adding others into our group of three.  And then there were six.
3. Realize when I am procrastinating and actively take steps to correct it
4. Re-enroll and begin attending massage therapy school
     It's time to make the life I envisioned for myself a reality and get out of a fucking office.
5. Put money out of EVERY paycheck into savings.
6. Surround myself with positive people who enhance my life in some way.
7. Find my creativity again and begin a hobby that reflects it.
8. Commit to having at least one night of one-on-one time with my children every month.
9. Live out of my box.  Create adventure and conquer fear.
     "Say it a million times. Say it a million more times. Then the word that you will have said 2 million times is...YES!"  I am pretty good about trying new things.  There are certain things that I am not willing to do, such as go to Alaska and live in a bus in the wilderness, fighting for my survival (Never say "Never" though, right?)...I would just like to be a little more adventurous this year.  Going to school and taking steps to a better me are great starts, but I want to be able to say "WOW! I can't believe I just did that!" (and not in a regretful type of way).  My boss plans on skydiving for her 70th birthday.  Her adventure just happens to fall on the weekend of my birthday.  I am going to join her and jump out of a plane.
10.  Be more scheduled.
     I used to be very good at this and I still am to some extent, but I have been free-spirited lazy the past few years.  I think this is because I haven't been able to find a happy middle ground.  I am either completely OCD, drill sergeant structured or...I fly completely by the seat of my pants and take the "I'll get to it when I feel like it" approach.  This is something I need to work on.
11. Go to Color Me Mine and pick up the mugs that Mike and I painted, so I can have a memento of our first date together! What the eff!  It's been more than 2 months! (See goal #3)






     

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, it at least better be funny!